Monday, September 7, 2009

A few thoughts on the day

Tomorrow is the first day of school, and I'm planning a run to the library with Aidan to get out some more books (and pay late fees); maybe I'll even make my way to a cafe for a quick coffee.

Aidan, Aidan, What do YOU See?

Aidan is starting Music Therapy tomorrow. I'm very excited for him as I really think he'll love it. I've heard it's a great way to bring all his other therapies together. . . hopefully that will be the case.

I've been trying to find piano lessons for the big boys, but no luck as of yet. We attended a demo class at Music for Young People - and it was a nice cheery place - but James teaches the day Kieran would be in class. The manager said I could leave Liam and Aidan in the play area (which is separated by a curtain) while I attend with Kier. So we tried doing that today. I'll bet you can imagine how that went. Two minutes in and Aidan marched through the curtains clapping and shouting "hooray!" He sat down on the mat next to Kieran and watched the instructor (for about 2 minutes). It was so cute, and I thought, "oh this isn't so bad." Then he was off to play again and I couldn't relax. I couldn't pay attention to Kieran or the instructor. My gut instinct was 'this is not fair to Kieran, Liam or Aidan.' My heart broke when I heard Aidan yelling and went to see Liam doing his best to give Aidan a horsey ride by bouncing him on his knee, "ride a horsey, ride a horsey." "AAAAhhhhh!" I wish I had that on tape.

No comments: