Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Leprechauning. . .

Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone! We're part Irish - my Great Grandparents came from Islandmagee - and St. Patrick's Day has always been special for me. My Paternal Grandmother would always send a card for March 17, even if she forgot our birthdays! Incidentally, "Leprechauning" is my new word for what we do every St. Patrick's Day.

This morning we woke up to the strangest message:





The leprechaun even left a recipe and some ingredients by our CrockPot:




And, thankfully, we had to take the recycling out from under the sink in order to find an important clue:

All Irish roads lead to the gold, and the boys like chocolate gold even better than the real stuff:



Aidan wonders if leprechauns are real. . . he's looking kind of skeptical

"Oh, sure, why not?"
Aidan, on the lookout for more leprechauns:

I think the leprechaun got me to do way more work today than normal. By 9:00 AM, I'd made Irish stew, apple pie, and took out the recycling. Good thing we have friends coming over for supper tonight!
And I should add that the big boys had so much fun looking for leprechaun gold that they put all the clues back so that our guests can go on the hunt too.

No comments: