Thursday, June 11, 2009

My latest attempt at being creative....


Penelope Flew
By Carol N

Penelope flew on a flying fish,
Around the world and back again.
She wrote it all down
With a golden pen,
Then presented her tale to a Pelican.

The Pelican said, “How do you do?”
He ate the pen and Penelope too.
He ate the fish , then off he flew,
Around the world and back again.
Note: it is my intention that the pelican didn't really eat her - just took her for another ride. Not sure if the picture is scary or if that is clear.

2 comments:

my life: said...

That is super cute! *not scary at all* :0)

Becca said...

That's adorable, Carol! And I agree with Amber that it's not scary. :-) Just think about some of those older children's stories and rhymes, and how horrifying they could have been if children really took them literally! LOL
When's your first children's book coming out? Let me know, and I'll be in line at the signing to purchase a copy!