Sunday, July 10, 2011

How do you do it?

When people see my paintings, they ask, "how do you find the time?"

My answer, "I don't do dishes."
Or, "I leave the dusting."
Or, "My respite worker, Elmo, takes over for a bit." (I'm a bad mom, aren't I?).


The truth is, I often have to snatch small moments. Five minutes for a tree trunk here. Three minutes to browse the books there. One minute to add some highlights.

You get the picture.

It's like the time I was trying to write a novel, and I took my notebook everywhere with me and jotted down little bits whenever I could. (Did you see the lady at the gym that day scribbling in her book, but not exercising much? That was me.) There's almost always a sense of "I've got a small window of opportunity and I must make the most of it."

That's how I do it.

2 comments:

Carol N. said...

BTW - this post was written before the big boys were up, but while Aidan was enjoying Sesame Street.

Again, bad Mom, but a blogger's gotta do what a blogger's gotta do.

You're bloggers, you get it. Right?

Becca said...

I let the TV babysit while I'm blogging sometimes, too. Good for you for multi-tasking and using your time wisely!