Monday, July 27, 2009

How I spent my summer holidays

W.O. Mitchell's title will forever be in my head when I think about any of my summer holidays. But, here goes. . . a small attempt to share how I spent my summer holidays:

I went "up island" with my family. This is a rare treat for us, and the first time we've explored beyond our city and surrounding area. We loved the beaches, and discovered the most amazing pieces of driftwood. Our early mornings generally were spent at a play park, with visits to the beach in the afternoons. But on this particular morning we were the first on the beach (besides the park attendant who kindly took our picture):


Beach Morning


James and the boys shared some lovely times together. He did take his computer with him, but tried to keep work to after the boys were asleep.

The men in my life

The big boys had a great time. They were so happy - it did my heart good to hear them laughing so much.

Lean on me

Aidan loved much of it too. The tide pools were his favourite, I'd say. But he also enjoyed our walks in the woods. I love the expression on his face in this one - I'm not entirely sure what he's thinking here. . . but he was fast asleep five minutes after it was taken.

Our boy thinking

All in all, it was a great holiday. I loved every second of it - and know that we have given the boys a wonderful memory to hold on to.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

It looks like it was a great holiday!

my life: said...

I love, love, love...the second photo! A man and his sons...love that moment. So glad you were able to make this happen! I'm thinking we need some sort of holiday ;0)...a season for everything...right?

Carol N. said...

Thanks Michelle and Amber - twas a great holiday - miles of sand and memories. You're right Amber, you guys deserve an extra big holiday!

Michelle said...

Of course I don't mind if you do your own "so I don't forget" post! :) What better way to keep track of those moments :)

Amy said...

These photos are gorgeous!!!!!!