Saturday, January 3, 2009

Three of my Favourite "Things"

Sometimes I joke that I need a break - a spa day - a vacation from being a mom for a day. . . just a little while, a break to find again who I am, and who I aim to be. Not long, just long enough to miss them and rush back and embrace them, and breath them in and know that I belong here with them.

The other day, I had to go to the dentist to have a tooth fixed. I was sitting back beneath the bright light, while the dentist and his trusty assistant repaired my tooth, and I thought, this is it, the spa day I needed! Too funny, just long enough to miss these little men of mine:

Merry Lads

2 comments:

Becca said...

Hahaha! It's the simple things that make us happy. Like root canals. Funny, those brief moments that I get to myself I wind up missing Samantha, too.

Michelle said...

I love that picture of the boys. So precious!