Saturday, October 17, 2009

31 for 21 - Day 17: When Aidan's happy, he's really really happy


Aidan isn't always a happy little camper. He has his moments of terrible threeness just like the big boys did. For instance, he doesn't like to go back in his stroller once he's out. He fights, does backward bends, goes limp and boneless, and pushes off against my neck like he's about to embark in a swan dive. These moments are physically tough. My shoulder hasn't stopped hurting in months.

But thankfully, these tough moments are interspersed with moments of great joy. When Aidan's happy - he lights up a room. His giggle is infectious, and can make even a tough guy smile.

My favourite moment today was during Aidan's bath. He was so happy. We were singing, and I was pretending I was a snappy (and snazzy) crocodile. He couldn't stop giggling....I wanted to bottle up that gorgeous sound and save it for a rainy day.

No comments: